Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Still going, still praying.



We are still planning on going to PNG, that has not changed. In fact, they need missionaries (and a Business Manager) now more than ever. But it is correct that there have been, and currently are, attempts to deport Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) missionaries.

I do not have all the details, but I do know that the LCMS Office of International Mission and Synod President Matt Harrison are involved in resolving the current situation and are working toward a long-term solution that will enable us to have a continued presence in PNG. 







In times like these it is easy to get dismayed and discouraged. Add to future uncertainty the discomfort of current turmoil and you have a recipe for stress, fear, and trembling.

In times like these we need to turn to the founder and perfecter of our faith, and find comfort in God's word:


WORDS OF COMFORT

Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Behold, all who are incensed against you
shall be put to shame and confounded;
those who strive against you
shall be as nothing and shall perish.
 
ISAIAH 41:10-11
 
Let us pray for everyone involved. For the missionaries and their families and even their pets and animals. Pray for the government officials to do their duty in all justice and honesty.

 
 
 
Pray for the communities who are assisted by the missionaries. Pray for the church body that the previous generation of missionaries established, the Gutnius Lutheran Church. Pray for those in positions of leadership. Pray that a beneficial resolution can be reached that will allow the work of the missionaries to continue unimpeded.

You shall seek those who contend with you,
but you shall not find them;
those who war against you
shall be as nothing at all.
 
For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”
 
ISAIAH 41:12-13
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for God's will to be done for your mission.

    ReplyDelete