Monday, October 26, 2015

Missionary Update update. PNG Mission Society Conference 2015



https://youtu.be/gUYEPIQcTlo


I am updating my blog to update you on the updated Missionary Update video. Consider yourself up-to-date. Click the link up there to see the YouTube video. I'll wait. Are you back? Okay, continue...

And I am not going to look at the last time I posted something here; that would depress me and waste your time. Instead I will post as if I'm one of those prolific online posting people like The Pioneer Woman or Matt Walsh, although you won't get any recipes or political commentary because I don't cook and I don't spend enough time watching politicians to provide meaningful insight. Alright, fine...here's some political commentary, but it's all you're going to get:

Politician A: Politician B is wrong. Send me money.
Politician B: Politician A is wrong. Send me money.

My Commentary: A & B are both wrong. Send me money. :)

So brace yourself(-lves) dear reader(s), for we have arrived in Papua New Guinea!! And for as long as I have Internet access and electricity (which actually isn’t very long) I will continue to bring you frequent updates of all our exciting adventures. Alright, fine…here’s a recipe:


FAT BOMB (a.k.a. the most caloric-dense smoothie concoction known to man, a.k.a. you won’t need to eat for the rest of the day after consuming this)

1 Avocado, ripe
1 can Coconut Milk, 16oz.
1 can Water, 16oz
6 Egg yolks
½ cup Macadamia nuts, or Walnuts, or Pecans
1 TBSP Chia Seeds (optional, but fun)
2-4 Limes (to taste)

Blend everything. Drink/eat with a spoon. Actually don’t blend the Avocado rind, and only use the juice from the limes. Depending on how big the limes are and your preference for citrus, use between 2-4 limes. I think 3 are good, but you’ll have to decide for yourself. Nuts are optional (as are the chia seeds), but they add an interesting texture. Macadamias taste the best, but are also the most expensive, hence the inclusion of alternates. Buy your avocadoes at George’s International Market in Fort Wayne, Indiana. They are the best you will find in the Northern Hemisphere. Get your limes there, too. Sometimes you can get them for a ridiculously low price of 10-for-a-dollar. Consider a diversified portfolio of Dividend-yielding stocks, bonds and money market accounts. Consult a Certified Financial Planner before pursuing any financial advice given on a blog site. Consult a physician before eating any recipes found on a blog site. Consult your parents and your pastor before marrying that person you met at the Higher Things conference. And call your mother; she hasn’t heard from you in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment